Summertime means your AC usage will increase, and those energy bills will start rolling in. But imagine, as soon as Texas heats, you go to turn on your air conditioner — only to realize it is not working properly. That is truly a nightmare as now you have to sit in the unbearable heat AND figure out what’s wrong with your air conditioning system. While you can always hire professional AC repair services, there are some ways to make your air conditioner usage easier in the summer. Read this blog to get familiar with these tips!
Tips for a Comfortable Summer with Your Air Conditioner
Here are some tips to make the most of your air conditioner in summer:
- Testing the AC System: Make sure to test your air conditioning system before the blazing summer heat strikes. You don’t want to learn that your system is not working the first day a 90-degree temperature hits the area. Therefore, test early on as a precaution, and resolve any issues prior to using the air conditioner.
- Maintaining Air Filters: Many issues in the air conditioner result from dirty and old air filters. To avoid these problems, invest time in maintaining the air filters every two months. And if you have pets, change your air filters more often. By doing so, you can look forward to improving indoor air quality as dust and other contaminants are eliminated. Moreover, the airflow improves, meaning you can look forward to refreshing air quality in your house.
- Tuning Up the HVAC: For the best HVAC performance, you can schedule a tune-up with a qualified technician. They can assess the system and point out any problems that could possibly affect the performance of your air conditioner. Furthermore, they can use their expertise and professional skills to fix the issue as well. Plus, they can give you honest and educated advice since they have been in this trade for a long, helping you make the best decisions for a comfortable summer.
- Not Opening the System & the Windows at the Same Time: You can also enhance the efficiency of the system by optimizing your house to work with it. Hence, be mindful to keep your windows closed when the system is running. And when it’s time to open the windows, turn the air conditioner off! While it might be nice to feel the breeze on your face, you should keep the windows closed in order to feel the coolness of the air conditioner.
- Adding a Dehumidifier: You can add a dehumidifier to the comfort system of your house since it’s a great help in terms of cooling. By investing in a dehumidifier, you can ensure that the air in your house feels cool and comfortable, even if the temperature is set at a higher value.
- Keeping the Heat Outside: To maximize the coolness and comfort of an air conditioner in summer, make sure to keep the heat outside. You can accomplish this by avoiding the usage of ovens, stoves, dryers, and other high-energy appliances. Instead, you can cook outdoors on a barbecue and dry your clothes on a clothesline. This way, you get lower energy bills as well!
You can make the most of your air conditioner by making sure it works properly, changing the air filters, and more. Contact Crump AC & Heating for any repairs your air conditioner needs. You can dial (281) 533-9200 to talk to us or meet our experts at 535 E Fernhurst Dr., Ste 312, Katy, TX 77450.